Rainbow Railroad is an international organization based in Canada and the United States whose mission is to help LGBTQI+ persons in danger find safety. Our ultimate goal is a world free of persecution based on sexual orientation, gender identity or sex characteristics. Until then, we provide solutions for individuals in immediate danger of persecution or violence amidst a global refugee crisis. In partnership with a global network of LGBTQI+ organizations and human rights defenders, we coordinate directly with individuals experiencing violence to get them out of harm’s
way. Around the world, we are recognized for our efforts to support and protect the thousands of LGBTQI+ people living in countries which criminalize their existence.
Since our founding in 2006, we’ve helped over 1,000 LGBTQI+ individuals find safety.
You are inspired by our mission and love supporting people with whatever they need. You are responsible for the office administration and IT support for the organization as well as acting as the Executive Assistant to the Executive Director. You are professional and polished, emotionally intelligent, with a strong work ethic. You are accountable, motivated, and highly organized with a keen eye for detail. You love to problem solve and meet challenges head on.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, you will work closely with the Executive Director and board members so they can successfully achieve their goals.
Office Administration and Organization Operations
- Oversee and implement all general office management and administrative functions (e.g. office supplies, tools, systems, mail outs, printing, etc.) to ensure effective, high quality work environment and efficient daily operations of the organization
- Manage Volunteers: develop and maintain database of volunteer records, staff needs, scheduling, processing, and appreciation
- Support Human Resource activities: recruitment, new employee onboarding, training, and benefits enrolment/processing/administration, etc.
- Support the planning and logistics of various organizational events: catering, speaker travel (including honorariums and per diems), check-in, set-up, supplies, etc.
- Develop strong meeting management processes, including distribution and follow-up on action items, note-taking, in-person and digital conference booking, and lead general office communications
- Serve as the primary point of contact for organizational inquiries, ensuring requests are prioritized and addressed as appropriate via phone and email
- Support annual and strategic planning activities
- Oversee IT support to ensure ongoing maintenance and quality of IT systems and infrastructure, cybersecurity being the utmost priority
- Manage and track organizational need for computer hardware and software, procuring new equipment as needed
- Apply updates to our website in WordPress
- Account management of organizational tools such as: Docusign, LastPass, Slack, Google Suite, Collage, Monday, and other platforms Support the Executive Director, Senior Management, Board of Directors, and Sub-Committees
- Function as the Executive Director’s executive assistant, managing their schedule, booking meetings on their behalf etc.
- Produce and maintain reports, plans, briefings, and presentations to support senior leaders
- Research, review, and summarize reports and documents; prepare memos and background documents as required
- Serve as the organization’s board resource administrator, providing support to the Chair and Executive Director by organizing meetings and events (e.g. the Annual General Meeting), scheduling, agenda development and material collation
- Serve as the through line for communication on board meetings and sub-committee meetings, coordinating the preparation of action items, minutes, notes and reports
- Book travel for senior team and on occasion other staff
- 3+ years of administrative support to senior leaders or as an office manager in a not-for profit/startup business setting
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail; resourceful, flexible, with ability to prioritize multiple requests concurrently, develop individual timelines and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including the ability to work and make decisions independently as well as within a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to tackle problems in a calm manner
- Excellent computer skills (Mac environment), knowledge of software programs (Google Apps, Docusign, Slack, Monday), familiarity with database software (Salesforce); and understanding of IT systems
- Versatile, skilled, and effective communicator with demonstrable evidence of strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work effectively and exercise good judgement with all levels of volunteers, staff, committee members and the general public
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with strict deadlines
- Experience supporting with the execution of events
- Adapt to the needs of a rapidly changing organization
- Familiar with anti-oppression principles
- Commitment and support of the LGBQTI+ community in Canada and internationally
Application Deadline – September 13, 2021 at 12pm
Length of Contract – Full-Time, Permanent
Hiring Salary Range – $60,000-$65,000 plus competitive benefits package.
Please apply for this posting directly on this webpage. Alternatively, if you encounter difficulties filling out the form, please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] Include the exact job title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
Rainbow Railroad is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.