We are seeking a highly-motivated and organized individual to play a vital role on the Administration Team. Reporting to the head of Administration, this staff member will support our team by maintaining our existing IT and tech infrastructure, assisting with improving cybersecurity practices, and applying improvements as needed. This role will also assist with administrative work when required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
IT INFRASTRUCTURE MAINTENANCE
- Examine existing platforms and IT systems, conduct analysis to identify and assess potential solutions.
- Install and configure computer hardware (MacBooks and iPads)
- Develop testing schedules and perform system testing.
- Support users through system updates and provide training and user manuals to users of new systems.
- Establish and maintain contact with vendors for support and problem resolution.
CYBERSECURITY PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS
- Performing research on best practices for cybersecurity in nonprofit organizations.
- Developing cybersecurity strategies and management plan.
- Reviewing and reinforcing existing cybersecurity protocols.
- Liaising with outside experts and consultants as needed.
WEBSITE AND SOFTWARE SUPPORT
- Apply updates to the copy of our website in WordPress.
- Account management for Slack, Google Suite, Monday, and other platforms.
- Lead the Google Drive archival and reorganization project.
- Various administrative assistance including note taking, scheduling, maintaining office equipment and supplies, event support, etc. as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in IT Help Desk or Tech Administration (preferred, new grads welcome to apply)
- Proficiency working with Macs and PCs
- High functioning critical thinking, problem solving and system evaluation skills
- Superb attention to detail and sound logical approach to managing tasks and projects
- Ability to troubleshoot systems issues, and independently identify and test new processes
- Ability to work effectively and exercise good judgement with all levels of volunteers, staff, committee members and the general public
- Strong team player who is customer-service oriented and also able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple requests concurrently, develop individual timelines and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for Rainbow Railroad’s mission and vision
Application Deadline – June 11, 2021
Temporary Contract – 20-40 hours per week to start (applicants must be flexible with hours).
Salary Range – $25/hour
Please note that we will be accepting resumes on a rolling basis, so we encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Please forward your resume to [email protected]. Include the exact job title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
Rainbow Railroad is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.